Monday, July 11, 2011

Blacking out while on minocycline?

i've just started taking minocycline for acne on my face for two days. i also apply edpiduo cream on my face several minutes before i go to bed. i take one minocycline antibiotic when i wake up and another several hours before bed (since you can't lie down after taking it). i do eat a snack before each pill (my dermotologist requested i do so) and swallow it with plenty of water. this morning (the third day i will be on minocycline) i woke up with terrible stomach pains/nausea. i decided to get up after dealing with the pain by lying in bed for half an hour. i got up slow, looked in the mirror, saw i was extremely pale, and then blacked out. i managed to lie down before i completely lost my balance. once i laid down, the ringing in my ears was awful for several minutes. this has happened to me once before a while ago, but i wasn't on any antibiotics or anything. for now, i'm going to drink like a fish and still take the pill; however, if any new side effects occur, i'm calling my derm. i'm unsure wether the ringing in my ears (since that is a specific side effect listed on the bottle) or blacking out is from the drug, or if it's from some stomach bug. has anyone who took minocycline had this problem? thanks for your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment